Monday, July 14, 2008

The Lighter Side

You may remember these guys from their Top-10 hit single, "One Toke Over the Line." Brewer and Shipley were part of the folk-rock movement of the late 60's - early 70's. In the tradition of FM radio back then (which would have been in its fledgling stage) I like the album cuts and "B-sides" so here is one of 'em: Brewer and Shipley from their 1970 album, "Tarkio," the song "Oh, Mommy (I Ain't no Commie)." By the way, for you trivia buffs, this is the B-side of "One Toke," and that's the late Jerry Garcia, of Grateful Dead fame, featured on the pedal steel guitar which really adds to that down-home, country/bluegrass feel. Enjoy!



Now, if you like this early FM radio "Album Rock" (as opposed to the commercial "classic rock" stations that rotate the same six songs from the same 12 bands, check out the link to RadioIO over on the right in the "Radio Links" section. You "Guys" (you know who you are!) who are older than I will definitely have a few "senior moments"!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back!!!!!

Got to do the weekend edition HERE, but I will be back to digest it all!

Photos/images, ya just got to love them!

What's this? I didn't get direct too the blog--I go this first:

****Content Warning

Some readers may find the content of this blog objectionable. In general, Google does not review nor do we endorse the content of this or any blog. For more information about our content policies, please visit the Blogger Terms of Service

I understand and I wish to continue

I do not wish to continue

GOOGLE

WTF?????

1:44 AM GMT+12  

Post a Comment

<< Home