Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Nothing Serious Day

Yep, like the title states, nothing serious today. I can't be bothered. This is quite liberating, not feeling obligated to cover anything in the news. I will give you a peek at what I am putting together for (possibly) tomorrow (see, this whole non-committal thing is quite nice). This past Friday Mae and I went to my company's mid-winter dinner where we had a wonderful meal with a few glasses of a nice shiraz-cabernet and some interesting conversations with a few moonbats. They're nice people, but they have a completely different take on life and politics. I think you'll find my recounting of a "spirited" conversation (argument) with the 22-year old daughter of one of my co-workers quite revealing, funny, and sad. Folks, the inner-workings of a young moonbat mind (especially one fueled by quite a bit of booze) is incomprehensible and impossible to reach (Mae says that my direct, in-your-face approach doesn't help much, either). Some wise man once said something to the effect of, "Hell is a place where reason and logic don't exist," and, indeed, I was there, folks.

Anyway, today is just a mixed bag of some more music and a comedy routine from Youtube, pictures (including a new "Global Warming" edition), cartoons, and a few e-mailed jokes from some of you - my friends - keep them coming. If I like them, I'll use them and give you the ol' tip of the hat. First up is this one from an email pen pal, Don, a fellow "Yank in Kiwiland" and former Marine who is retired and lives with his wife in the South Island. He found the blog while it was down and sent me an email saying how much he liked the blog. I got this from him the other day, and I just about pissed my pants reading it!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a test.

8:32 AM GMT+12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bizarre---now I get thru the comments--if I use FIREFOX your site freezes FIREFOX--ALL OTHER BLOGS WORK FINE on Firefox.

I opened this & this comment on Safari--and it works.

Will check more later--got the post!

HAD TO USE ANONYMOUS as my Google/Blogger
sign in will not work....

OLDCATMAN

1:47 AM GMT+12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

COMPUTER DRIVE ME NUTS!

FIREFOX WAS FEEZING YOUR BLOG BUT OPENING ON SAFARI.

JUST DOWNLOADED FOREFOX 3.01 AND I GOT HERE WITH FIREFOX!

10:26 AM GMT+12  

Post a Comment

<< Home