Monday, March 29, 2010

Paul Henry: Public Enemy #1?

OK, I know most of you are asking yourselves, "Who the fuck is Paul Henry?" For the record, he is NOT Taliban or Al Quaeda; he is NOT a pedophile or a serial killer.

Paul Henry is the co-host of the Morning Breakfast show on TV NZ Channel One. Although not a regular viewer, I think he can be quite funny, and, because he isn't a lefty, Paul is quite refreshing with his mince-no-words, call-it-like-he-sees-it style and good use of sarcasm. But NZ is so PC that, it just seems like the guy can't cut a break because he is always allegedly offending somebody. All the liberals hate him and want him fired from his broadcasting job. That's good enough reason for me to like him.

Here's the latest "offense" that has too many people's knickers in a twist.
BSA complaint over Henry's 'schizo' call not upheld

NZPA March 29, 2010, 1:53 pm

 Controversy-baiting broadcaster Paul Henry has escaped another broadcasting standards complaint -- this time over his use of the term "schizo".

The Broadcasting Standards Authority has declined to uphold a complaint relating to his use of the term on an episode of TV One's Breakfast show last September, while interviewing an employment relations expert about different personality types.

Though the complainant alleged the term was unfair and derogatory to people with schizophrenia, the authority found Henry's use of the term was deliberately ambiguous.
At least most of these complaints have not been upheld. Here's one that was, however, followed by the offending segment. Keep in mind that Paul was merely commenting on what a viewer had written in an email.
Earlier last year, the authority upheld complaints against Henry for his comments about Greenpeace spokeswoman Stephanie Mills' moustache.



I'm tellin' ya, these thin-skinned, perpetually offended, liberal PC assholes just need to STFU and get a life.

Here's the thing. I'm sure this broad knows she has a moustache, and she obviously knows she's going on TV. If she was worried about it, she would have shaved it or waxed it or something, but, I'm willing to bet she keeps it around just to get a reaction, like she's daring you to notice it and say something. I'm sorry, but like Paul, if I see a chick with a "mo" I'm going to notice it; hell, I'll probably make a comment about it...especially if she's a fucking greenie dyke. I don't avoid the big elephant in the middle of the room.

The way I see it is you have the right to say or do what you want to do and be what you want to be, but I ALSO have the right to say what I want to say. This PC, hate speech bullshit has to stop. You cannot legislate "niceness." Sure, it would be great if everybody was "nice", but I believe that people have the right to be assholes, too. If they offend you, you avoid them.

It seems so simple to me. I just don't get it.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home